Skin Resurfacing, also known as Skin Needling, is a cosmetic procedure that stimulates the skin. It helps the skin to regenerate itself safely, naturally creating a smoother, brighter, healthier and younger-looking skin.
There are many reasons why people choose to have Skin Resurfacing:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles on the face and décolletage
- Softening the look of stretch marks
- Revitalising aged and sun-damaged skin
- Reducing hyper-pigmentation marks
- Tightening pores, which become larger as we get older
- Rejuvenating hands and minimising the signs of ageing
- Improving marks left by acne scarring, chicken pox scars and rosacea
- The treatment requires no down time and recovery times are shorter than chemical skin peels
- It naturally stimulates the skin to repair itself
- It’s suitable for all skin tones and types (although it’s not suitable for you if you have – active acne, eczema, psoriasis, raised moles or warts)
- Minimal down time (two to five days)
The skin needs preparing for six weeks before the procedure, using specially designed skin care products and used regularly after the procedure too, ensuring the best possible result with fast recovery. The medical needling instrument is a sterile roller, which the doctor rolls across the skin, causing lots of micro-punctures to the lower layers of the skin, and these stimulate the body to produce its own collagen. Clinical studies show that formation of collagen increases by 400%. The treatment results in tighter skin, fewer lines and wrinkles and softening and reducing scars.
A topical anaesthetic cream gets applied to the skin before the procedure to numb the area. The roller device produces thousands of micro-medical needle-columns into the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will then close rapidly, enabling the skin to recover quickly, usually in the same day. Once the procedure is over, your body will start to naturally regenerate and working below the surface in the dermis, repair the skin.
Immediately after the Skin Resurfacing procedure your skin will have a red appearance and may feel warmer and tighter than usual, but this will start to subside over 24 hours. Once the redness has cleared, it’s important to take care of your skin with a daily effective anti-ageing regime. It may take up to six weeks before you see any visible signs of regeneration and repair, and the results will continue to improve over the following months, giving you a natural and long-lasting enhancement. The procedure needs repeating every eight to twelve weeks and optimal results are noticeable after 4-6 sessions. Clinical experience has shown the results are not temporary, but endure for many years (two – three years)
Do you need help choosing a cosmetic procedure? We provide an extensive range of cosmetic procedures for the face and body to help create a younger, slimmer, more youthful looking you!
Botox, Vaser Lipo, Lip Augmentation, Dermal Fillers and many more treatments are available.
The Selston Cosmetic Clinic is located in Selston, Nottingham, where we offer a bespoke service with a personalised touch and deliver high client satisfaction. We have been involved in the cosmetic industry for over 10 years.